Slimline card with The Greeting Farm's Mermaid Galore and Hero Hues Ink

July 30, 2020

Hi Everyone, 
     Today I have a card for the first day of the Under The Sea three day Hop. This is a hastag drive hop using #thursdayunderthesea/#fridayunderthesea and #saturdayunderthesea. Teresa from Scrapping For Less put this hop together and if you havent checked out her shop you should head on over. She also offers a monthly card kit. 
      I love all things ocean-sea related and mermaids are one of my most favorite images to color. I could of made many more videos on this subject but I think you would be tired of seeing it!!! I wish I lived closer to the Ocean but we are in Midwest Ohio...atleast it is a pretty easy place to drive to the ocean from. 



If you would like to check out my video, here is the link https://youtu.be/HXzSORFNK_Y

     I started out using the die in the Trinity Slimline Envelope Builder and just used the center portion. The edges looked like waves to me so I thought it would be perfect. I used The Greeting Farm's Mermaid Galore Stamp Set and colored it up using my Copic Markers. I fussy cut my images and outlined them with a black marker and used a bit of white gel pen to add in some added interest. I used Hero Arts Hero Hues Reactive Inks to blend my background. I used the colors of Blue Hawaii, Blue Raspberry and Splash---I love the fun names!!! I then added some water drops and stamped some of the few smaller images from the stamp set using Distress Oxides (Pickled Raspberry/Twisted Citon/Salty Ocean). I fussy cut my images and glued them down. I added a sentiment in Catherine Poolers's Blue Suede Shoes Ink. I also added Trinity Stamps Rainbow Fish Flat Back Bead Mix for some sparkle. I did back my card on white paper and used Not Quite Navy Cardstock from Stampin Up.

Please join me tommorrow for Day 2. 



Comments