Mixed Media Hop - Using Cardboard And Digital Stamps

 August 13, 2020


Welcome Back,

    

     Today I have a mixed media project for you. I had a few Bubble Babies Digital Stamps printed out from my last project so I decided to make a piece to display. If you like these images you can find them at 7kidcrafts.com. For this project I used just a piece of cardboard--it actually came out of a wet food cat box that was used to seperate the cans. I took out my heavy white gesso and prepped the piece. I also added my Scrap FX Chipboard Botanical Clocks element (also from 7kidscrafts.com). I also took out Heffy Doodle's Stoney Maloney stencil and added it to different areas of the board with modeling paste. I also used a small Prima stamp and stamped it in multiple areas. When that was dry I started to work on the chipboard piece. I experimented with adding Art Alchemy Waxes (normally used on metal), Nuvo Mousse and Gina K Bubblegum Glitter Paste. I used a few Prima Sprays for the background and used Modge Podge to glue on my sequins. Since my piece was looking very blue/purple, I wanted to add another color to make it pop. I pulled out my Distress Oxide Twisted Citron and added in splashes of color. I also shaded in my sentiment and backed it with white cardstock. I colored my images with copics and used Elizabeth Crafts Double Sided Adhesvie to secure them to my piece. I love how this came out! I had to add my Nuvo Glitter gloss marker to paint and drop glitter everywhere. I find mixed media so much fun because you can keep adding multiple layers and use many type of mediums. 





You can check out my video here to see how my piece came together!








Comments