Altenew Educator Certification Program

December 20, 2020

Hello Crafty Friends,

  Today, I'm so excited to share my first project for the Altenew Educator Certification Program. I have thought about applying for this program for some time and decided now the time was right. I love Altenew's beautiful stamps and products and can't wait to learn from their instructors and take my art skills to the next level. 

  The first lesson, All About Layering 1, I learned tips and tricks to layer and make beautiful cards with many of Altenew's Floral Sets. I decided to use Build-A-Flower Gardenia and Stunning Cosmos to create a Christmas Card. 




The inks I used to build my Gardenia were Coral Berry, Ruby Red and Grapevine. For the leaves, I used Grass Field, Limeade, Fresh Leaf and Shadow Creek. I did have to use Hero Arts INTENS-ified Black Ink for the outline of the images while I patiently wait for an order of Altenew's Permanent Black Crisp Ink to arrive. 




I used Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock for my base and Altenew's Jet Black Cardstock for the sentiment. I heat embossed the sentment using Wow's Wanderlust Embossing Powder mixed with a bit of Recollections Fine Detailed White Embossing Powder. I arranged my flowers and leaves with a mix of foam tape and Altenew's Precision Glue. 

 

Lastly, I found a piece of glitter cardstock in my stash and used Nuvo's Glitter Gloss Pen for some added sparkle. I love how this card turned out and I can't wait to start Lesson 2. I hope you enjoy the cards I will create while I continue through the program!

Hugs,
Alli







Comments

  1. Looks beautiful! Congrats on your first post for AECP! I like the addition of gold and gloss.
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment