Altenew Educator Certification Program - Layering 2

 January 4, 2021


Happy New Year, 

Today, I have a card for you for my Layering 2 Class. I flipped through all of my Altenew Layering sets and felt so inspired by the Lotus Stamp. I have been loving the beautiful font of the sentiments in the Sakura Blossom Build-A-Flower Set so I picked one of those for my card. 

Inks Used: Desert Night, Ocean Waves, Baby Pink, Magenta, Lavender Fields, Midnight Violet, Limeade and Fresh Leaf.

I mixed a bit of all and did some ink smooshing for my background and once I was happy with the look I let that dry. I arranged my flowers and adhered them to a piece of vellum. I cut around the vellum and then adhered that to my card. I wanted to give a little transition between the flowers and the background. I also added a bit of white gel pen to the flowers, background and white nuvo drops to add more interest. Since I wanted the bud to be higher than the other flowers, I just drew in the stem and colored it to match the stamped images. I stamped my sentiment directly on the card panel with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink. 





I loved this set so much I had to make a second card for a design team project. I used all the same inks but added Altenew's Gold Splatter Blush Washi, a Love From Lizi Gold Peel Off, paper from Trimcraft's Wild Flower pack and a Recollections Gold Embossing Powder. I added Nuvo Glitter gloss Marker to all of the flowers and leaves. 




Thank you so much for joining me today. Do you have a favorite card, let me know!

Have a great week,
Alli








Comments

  1. I can see why you wanted to make a second one with that set! They both came out lovely! I’m looking forward to trying some Altenew classes one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous creations! Both cards look lovely! Love the colour and the sparkle.
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment