Card Hoppin February - Favorite Color plus Acetate

 February 26, 2021

Hi Friends,

Today is the Card Hoppin February Hop and I have two cards for you. We are all members of the Facebook Group Handmade Happiness and have come together for a fun year of hops featuring different themes and techniques. This is hop number two and my favorite color is blue or blue/green and I chose to use acetate instead of the other choice which was vellum. 

For my first card, I just wanted the shaker portion to be inside the cake. I die cut many different colors of the Happy Birthday die and adhered all of the die cut pieces together. I used one layer of foam tape and also die cut a piece of acetate for the cake portion. To do this I didnt cut through the acetate the whole way instead I did more of an raised embossing so I used scissors to cut the portion I needed out. Once I added the confetti and glued the acetate on top, I then glued another die cut on top to finish off the card and give it a clean look. 



For my second card, I decided to make a full shaker card and keep it a clear acetate card. First, I began the same as the first card and adhered all of my pieces together but onto a piece of acetate instead of cardstock. I also adhered pieces to the back of the panel because its clear and I did not want my glue showing through. Once that was done, I made my card by taking a piece of 8.50 x 11 acetate and creating my card. I added a piece of white cardstock inside and adhered my die cut panel to the outside with two layers of foam tape. I added in the confetti and closed up my card. I also had to add another white piece of cardstock to the back of the card and a rectangle piece to the inside to cover up the foam tape. This covered up the glue and tape and cleaned up the card. 



You can check out my video here:




I did add a Happy Birthday Sentiment to each card with the second one having sort of a shadow. These cards came out so fun and I loved putting them together. Thank you for joining me and below is a list of supplies. 
Crafty Hugs,
Alli

Comments