Altenew Layering 3 and 4 Classes

 January 25, 2020

Hello Crafty Friends, 

Today, I have two cards to share made with Altenew products. The layering 3 and 4 class are not required for the Altenew Educator Program but I decided to include a project I made after watching those courses. All of the layering classes have been so much fun to watch and learn from. I have really enjoyed seeing the tutorials on specific stamp sets and it has really helped me figure out how to line up all of my sets better. Since I have been enjoying the sentiments in the Build-A-Flower Sakura Blossom Stamp Set, I thought it time to use the actual layering stamps. 


I decided to pull out a piece of watercolor paper and my Altenew 36 Pan Set. I used my paint brush to add clean water to my panel and drop in Lavender Fields to create a simple background. I did use my heat gun to dry that and then add black and white splatters. My favorite color is blue and or shades of blue but lately I have been very inspired by the color purple. I used Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields and Deep Iris for my flowers. I decided to keep the stamen white and just stamp the middle with the Deep Iris. For my leaves, I used Altenew's Antique Gold pigment ink instead of a green. I love how that came out and decided to add Nuvo Gold Rush Stone Drops around the flowers. I finished by adding a sentiment with Altenew's Obsidian pigment ink.


I also decided to make a second card and for that I stepped out of my comfort zone. I used the colors black, white, gray, purple and pink. 


The dies for this stamp set are enclosed so I used Jennifer McGuire's method for making multiple flowers and easy alignment. I took a piece of gray cardstock and cut out 3 rows of each flower and leaf. I wasn't expecting to actually make a card using these but than an idea hit. I used Hero Arts Unicorn Ink, Altenew Lavender Fields and Magenta for the flowers. For the leaves, I decided to stamp Catherine Pooler's Twilight ink and Altenew's Obsidian Ink. I added Nuvo's Sherbert Shimmer glitter drops around the flowers and finished off with a sentiment in Hero Arts Unicorn Ink. I tend to always use white card bases but I really love how this card came out. 

Until Next Time 
Crafty Hugs,
Alli


Comments

  1. Hi!
    As gorgeous as your cards are, I hate to inform you that there is no All About Layering 3 course in AECP, lovely. Please check your list of courses again or email me for one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erum Thank you! I fixed it! I was just going along through all the classes not realizing those were not listed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment